Friday, August 3, 2012

PC TZ: The Movie



NOTE: There should be fun music playing! If you are not hearing the fun music, click here to watch directly from YouTube for optimum viewing pleasure.

I was super lucky to have gotten to put together the video/slide show for my Health and Env PCV class. I had so much fun collecting the pictures and remembering many of the moments. Also, this past year I started a fun tradition of writing silly birthday poems for PCVs in my region. So I had to incorporate some poetry into this video! 


The movie premiere was held during the first ever Tanzo Awards at our Close of Service conference in May. Some extremely funny PCVs produced a top notch awards show complete with a musical opening number, host/hostess banter, well-played roasting of various volunteers, dramatic reading and an award for each COSing PCV. My award? Oh, well thanks for asking. You see, unbeknownst to you all back home, I've become somewhat famous in Tanzania for mass texting. It is a special talent cultivated during the occasional blocks of hours upon hours of free time in the village. I would dramatically write up a text of typical TZ craziness, my own musings and the ever-popular Song of the Day where everyone had to identify a song lyric. Good times.

As for the above video, be prepared. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to start your own PC application.

No comments:

Post a Comment